• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a police officer run license plates at random for no reason?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rochelle

You're ramblings make no sense. There are a lot of real lawyers on here everyday and none of them ever have to lower themselves to name calling and childishness they way you have. Furthermore, you have mistaken me for a cop, a man, and now with these last remarks, I think you have me confused with someone else again. You are not only uneducated, misinformed and ridiculous, but apparently mentally unstable. I hope no one makes the mistake of actually believing you.

I do know what the law is and that is what I stated. No amount of arguing will change that. You can call me all the names you want, it won't change that you are WRONG.....and if you think insults from you bother me, you're WRONG about that too. I've learned that when people can't win they result to acting like children. So go ahead, stomp your feet some more. You're amusing the rest of us.

Last edited:

J

jimmyv

last post

do you really think i care what you think? where did you get your law degree honey? and racer72 was the 1 who started the name calling not me . i see i hit a sore spot with the north beating the south..lol. now i have to admit i shouldn't have gotten into a discussion with a bunch of rednecks but i couldn't resist.. god i hate rednecks. this is a message board for a bunch of rednecks with nothing to do all day.. this so called texas official who has an email on bigfoot.com.. hahaha.. yeah thats believeable.lol.
you rednecks are way too stupid for me to continue posting on this board... later you ****ing losers

Rochelle

I rest my case. "Racer72 started it". What are you gonna do? Run tell his mama? Some attorney you must be. "Judge, so-and-so is being mean to me."

You just couldn't handle the heat could you? That's ok. Take your medication and have a nice night.

Last edited:
K

kitty1129

OK..so now that we've cleared the air

Wow, I didn't realize my question was going to start such brawl...It's too bad some people have a hard time constructively arguing. And what's with the Redneck thing? That seems to be a popular term on this board.
I hate to be the one to tell you but the war is over. I think we can be a lot more constructive than going on with petty bickering.

Did anyone have any comments or answers to my question?

I'm still curious to know if it's legal for police officers in MN to run a license plate without cause. I'm in Hennipen county.

Thanks
Kitty

D

dabear

Kitty, that was a legal stop. I will approach a pack of cars traveling on the highway and try to run all plates and driver information of the registered owner. If the registered owner comes back with warrants or a suspension I can legally stop the vehicle if the driver of the vehicle matches the description of the registered owner. Meaning, if the registered owner was a female with a suspended license but it was a male driver I can not legally stop the vehicle.

In the state of Washington this is currently being contested. I'm not a lawyer but I believe it will be defeated.

I don't know about other states but it should be the same. Hope I answered your question.

J

jimmyv

hey rochelle i just caught you lying.. you said you're not a cop right? well i found a post and either you lied there or you're lying now.. here it is..

Rochelle

No, I don't live near Mendenhall, but I do know where it is.

As far as showing you his radar, no officer is required to do that. There would be no notes to request. As far as the equipment, the calibration is checked every shift change, but I don't believe there would be a papertrail for that. I know we check our calibration here at every shift change but it does not involve writing anything down. The only thing you could do is subpoena the information from perhaps the city shop, but you're probably going to a lot of trouble for a speeding ticket that the judge will in all likelyhood uphold. By the same token, can you prove your speedometer is correct?

now please tell me you're a security guard right..lol.. rochelle you are busted you dyke.. racist bitch

K

kitty1129

Thanks Dabear,
That clears up a lot of confusion. I understand why I was pulled over now.
Kitty

J

justathought

Jimmyv--did you not read Rochelle's entire post to you? It said she's not a *street* cop, however still a cop.

Secondly, did you not read the print at the bottom of the screen? The part about forum rules: "prohibit ... *abusive*, *vulgar*, or harassing messages, and subject violators to fees for improper postings" (emphasis added).

If your raving ignorance hasn't raised questions in the moderators, I hope your last (*quite*) offensive post does.

Good day.

J

jimmyv

i invite the message board to charge me a fee. i'd love to see them try. as for he being a desk jockey she's still a cop which at first she denied

JETX

Say goodbye to JimmyV.....

Heck, he can't even figure out who he is...
1) a former councilman, or
2) an attorney, or
maybe he wants to drive a 'fire truck!!"

Sounds like a 'career list' from an 8 year old!!

K

knorris

jimmyv- why so bitter at the cop's, their only doing a job....... bet your one who never has a nice word for a police officer but exepects one to be there when you need one

Rochelle

Oh just check his other ignorant postings. He and plifter should join a support group. They obviously are not the sanest members of society. Or brightest. Or useful. Or......well, read and you'll see for yourself.

T

Tretti

Whoa

After being away from this board for 9 months I can see it is still good for a laugh. :rolleyes:

jimmyv-I have been to CT.. Rednecks? I seen ton's of them there.
But I must ask..What are the laws in CT for impersonating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">