• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a school bus driver write a citation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pland4failure

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? colorado
i did a sweet burnout (smoke everywhere). next day school bus driver says he issued me a citation and i will get it in the mail. what the heck! can he do that? i know i was being a a*s hole for burning out. but i thought only cops could issue citations and citizens can report people then the cops will look into it. note: this was on private property not a public road, the stop sign had been retracted and all children were in the cars with parents, i am a somewhat responsible psycho and i know im a hotheaded prick with a midlife crisis car.

Last edited:

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Was that before or after you backed into the house and flipped your car?

Sounds like you should be taken off the road.

pland4failure

ok guys i know i was being a douche. i really just want my question answered. i take care of my little brother (my parents died a year ago) he loves my car and wanted my to show off for his friends. i know it wasnt a mature thing to do. i know im not a good parent figure. you dont need to tell me this. im 25 and taking care of a 15 year old kid. i know im in over my head but im trying. please just let me know if its legal for him to do that and is it illegal to do a burnout on a private road

Silverplum

ok guys i know i was being a douche. i really just want my question answered. i take care of my little brother (my parents died a year ago) he loves my car and wanted my to show off for his friends. i know it wasnt a mature thing to do. i know im not a good parent figure. you dont need to tell me this. im 25 and taking care of a 15 year old kid. i know im in over my head but im trying. please just let me know if its legal for him to do that and is it illegal to do a burnout on a private road
So now it was your little brother, not you.

If you really wanted your legal questions answered for free, you'd watch your typing fingers and not call the advisors unpleasant names.

Grow up. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

CdwJava

The bus driver didn't issue the ticket, but he could very well have dimed you off to the cops who CAN do it.

And, while I understand guys tend to mature later in life, you're 25 and apparently the guardian of a 15 year old! You are not his friend, you are a guardian and an ADULT! You should be exemplifying positive behaviors, not encouraging he and his pals to engage in reckless, immature, and potentially deadly activity!

pland4failure

thanks for the info. Silverplum sorry i said that i thought i deleted it. im kinda in a bad mood cuz i just realized the other day im a bad guardian but just so you know i am a responsible person i own a restaurant that is doing very well. but i do know i am immature and i am working on that

ecmst12

This OP didn't back into a house, he just flipped his car. I wonder why your tire blew out....

Regardless of whether you ever get that ticket in the mail, I hope you learned not to repeat that stupidity in the future.

pland4failure

there were about 20 houses built of that road in a year.... there were nails all over the place. i had a flat tire twice a month for almost a year and a half.

pland4failure

true fact... i was going a little fast like 40-45 but the road is raised up so there is a 4 ft drop and i was driving a samurai witch is known for flipping

CdwJava

Well ... bad press does not mean that the Suzuki Samurai is wholly to blame. The drivers tend to be acting like flangeheads when the cars roll.

Rollover Statistics

Investigation of 113 Suzuki Samurai rollovers using NHTSA’S (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) FAFRS (Fatal Accident Reporting System) data base provide information about drivers and conditions involved in Samurai rollovers including:

• All fatal "first event" rollovers involved ejection (first event meaning prior to rollover, the vehicle was not hit by and did not hit any other vehicle or object).

• Alcohol was involved in 50% of the rollovers.

• When driver’s age was known, 73% were 25 years old or younger, the oldest driver being 43.

• Limited visibility due to darkness occurred in at least 58% of the rollovers.

• Wet, icy or excessively windy road conditions occurred in 29% of all rollovers.

Similar statistics for failure to use seatbelts, presence of alcohol, driver’s age and adverse road conditions shown in the Samurai rollover data could be representative of accidents involving any number of motor vehicles. Further investigation of the FARS data also reveals that the Ford Bronco II in fact has roughly four times more rollover fatalities per 10,000 vehicles on the road than does the Suzuki Samurai.​

pland4failure

true that suzuki sued the crap out of consumer report for the bad press. but this wasnt just any samurai... it had a 6" lift 32"tires no axle extension of any kind and it had a chevy 350. the roll bars i put in saved my life. i played the accident over and over in my head and it was my fault for not putting wider axles in it.

true that suzuki sued the crap out of consumer report for the bad press. but this wasnt just any samurai... it had a 6" lift 32"tires no axle extension of any kind and it had a chevy 350. the roll bars i put in saved my life. i played the accident over and over in my head and it was my fault for not putting wider axles in it.
Go find a car forum to post this in, nobody here will think it's your fault for not putting wider axles in, everybody will think its your fault for not driving safely. And it's not that I don't share your hobby of cars, I do, but 99% of the posters here don't care.

ecmst12

Well, the unsafe modifications certainly would have contributed, but if you had been going slower and not driving recklessly, you would have been able to maintain control.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">