• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can someone help answer my question please on Out Of State Traffic violations?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

WyBulldogs

I live in Pennsylvania and have a PA driving license I recently got an out of state speeding violation in Maryland. Will the speeding violation affect my driving points and insurance? I am asking because I read an article that said:

"A few states, such as Colorado and Pennsylvania, do not record the violation if it is considered a minor offense, like a speeding ticket. Other states, like Maryland and Nevada, record the violation but do not assign points for out-of-state tickets. Florida and Texas place both the violation and points on your driving record for all out-of-state convictions – which will likely increase your car insurance premium."

...so does this mean my driving points and insurance will not be affected? :confused:

Last edited:

FlyingRon

THe conviction will certainly be made available to your insurer, we can't tell you what they will do with it. Penn is not one of the states that mandates a specific reaction on the insurer's parts, they may raise your rates or they may take notice of your previously good record and over look it.

PA doesn't assign points for tickets you get in Maryland. It has to be something serious (DUI, etc...) to have an affect your license there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">