• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can someone please give me advice?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

1BadAzzGT

Nevermind, talked to attorney today...... we're getting it all figure out. Thanks for everyones' opinions.

Last edited:

racer72

You present no evidence that the tickets were not deserved or that the officer did anything wrong. Any more excuses?

1BadAzzGT

racer72,
First and foremost, thank you for replying. I am not inferring the "officer did anything wrong" and yes, he was doing his job and I understand that 100%.

If you notice in my post, you'll clearly see that I am stating that yes I was totally wrong for speeding (which I knew I was doing 65 in a 50) and I will state that to the judge.

I apologize if my statements appear as "excuses" to you, I suppose everyone has their own opinions and you are certainly entitled to yours and I respect that.

Thank you.

D

dabear

I cannot comment on Maryland laws. I can comment on Washington State laws and hopefully this will make sense. I have written many people with "speed over legal" without having a radar check or pace performed. If I visually observe a vehicle traveling faster than other vehicles and it appears to be at a high rate then that's what the charge will be and it won't have the violators speed on the ticket. As for racing, in the state of Washington the law states "Any person or persons who wilfully compare or contest relative speeds by operation of one or more motor vehicles shall be guilty of racing" the charge would be reckless driving. The officer believed he/she had probable cause to believe you and the other vehicle were contesting speeds when you two were traveling over the speed limit together. You certainly have a right to contest it and you probably should if you want a better understanding of exactly what wrongs were done.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">