• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can they radar your speed if you are going away from them instead of towards them

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

loklok1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Northern California.

So recently I got a speeding ticket going 50 in a 35 zone. I saw the cop sitting in his car parked facing South and I was traveling South. He pulled me over saying that I was traveling at 50mph and on the ticket he wrote the speed in the radar box. My question is can they actually catch you on radar while you are driving away from them? Usually I see they will try to catch you on radar while you are traveling towards them. Also he was not standing outside pointing out the radar gun instead he was sitting in his car. Do I have to case to appeal this? Almost as usually in baseball, the pitcher will throw the pitch towards the catcher and the radar gun is behind the catch to tell the pitch speed. My situation is the catching is throwing the ball back to the pitcher, can the radar be accurate on the speed since the ball is traveling away? Any relies will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

xylene

Radar can determine the speed of an object whether it is approaching or receding from the source.

LillianX

It's behind the catcher in baseball, because that's where the wall is. Where are they going to put it behind the pitcher?

loklok1

It's behind the catcher in baseball, because that's where the wall is. Where are they going to put it behind the pitcher?
it is just analogy. I mentioned it as if the radar is behind the catcher and i am the catcher that is throwing the ball back to the catcher. If the radar will still clock my actual speed since the ball is heading away from the radar.

loklok1

so what are the odds of me trying to fight it off or would it be best to pay the fine and attend traffic school?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">