• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can they really do this?!?!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

christo20

What is the name of your state? Florida

Was driving home the other day, on a main road - speeding a little and changing lanes a lot. Had to stop for a red light. A pickup truck behind me was practically rolling over my trunk he was so close! So once light turned green, i accelerated pretty quickly to move away from him.

The truck was keeping up with me! I changed lanes and the truck followed. My neighborhood was a few more blocks away, so i floored it. Truck still right behind me... got into turn lane behind me.

Once in my subdivision, i took off and tried to lose the unfamiliar truck that continued to follow me. Made a few extra turns just to make sure he was really after me and he was! Now i'm getting scared!

Turned onto my road, turning into my driveway,, pushed the garage door opener, and pulling up to go in and park. then the truck GOES OFF THE ROAD, ON MY FRONT LAWN AND DRIVES ACROSS MY GRASS TO CUT ME OFF!!! Now I notice a blue light flashing on his dash.

Some guy jumps out and he is wearing a police officer uniform. He tells me to exit my vehicle.

He told me he had paced me going 80mph and then tearing through the neighboord and wanted to know WHY. I said there was no way i was going 80. He asked for my license, registration, and insurance. while i was getting that he asked me how fast i thought i was going. instead of commenting, i just said, "here is my lic, reg, and insur."

He went to his truck and came back with a ticket, citing me with careless driving. Can an unmarked car write someone a ticket! I don't even understand where he is referring to my carless driving...

I want to know if i have a chance getting this dropped in traffic court.

Thanks for taking the time to read all of that, please leave your comments.

jity

christo20 said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

[SNIP] Can an unmarked car write someone a ticket! I don't even understand where he is referring to my carless driving...

I want to know if i have a chance getting this dropped in traffic court.
Can an unmarked car write someone a ticket? Yes

I want to know if i have a chance getting this dropped in traffic court. Yes... you do have a chance - He might not appear in court.

316.1925 Careless driving.--

(1) Any person operating a vehicle upon the streets or highways within the state shall drive the same in a careful and prudent manner, having regard for the width, grade, curves, corners, traffic, and all other attendant circumstances, so as not to endanger the life, limb, or property of any person. Failure to drive in such manner shall constitute careless driving and a violation of this section.

Elect to attend a driving school to avoid points being assessed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">