• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can this ticket be dismissed on technicalities?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

grla

What is the name of your state? New York, NY

The cop issues me a traffic ticket for spillback. On the ticket he didn’t write my drivers license number and missed one digit from my license plate number.

Can this ticket be dismissed based on this?
:eek:

You Are Guilty

grla said:

The cop issues me a traffic ticket for spillback. On the ticket he didn’t write my drivers license number and missed one digit from my license plate number.

Nope.

+10 characters

Neal1421

grla said:

No, it can't. Pay the fine and move on with your life.

sukharev

Nada...

That said, you can still contest the ticket based on legitimate reasons :)

Sorry, could not help it - but what on Earth is spillback?

Betty

sukharev said:
Nada...

That said, you can still contest the ticket based on legitimate reasons :)

Sorry, could not help it - but what on Earth is spillback?
Spillback is old fashioned gridlock. There is no reason for you to go into an intersection unless you KNOW you can get to other side before light changes. (WOW - we'll all have to watch that.)

sukharev

Betty said:
Spillback is old fashioned gridlock. There is no reason for you to go into an intersection unless you KNOW you can get to other side before light changes. (WOW - we'll all have to watch that.)
Ah, I see, it's a non-moving violation, no problem, he would have no points assessed :D

Betty

sukharev said:
Ah, I see, it's a non-moving violation, no problem, he would have no points assessed :D
Right - he wouldn't have been moving - he was stuck in gridlock! :eek:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">