• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a ticket be nullified if the issuing Officer neglects to sign the ticket?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I am in Ontario Canada.
Welcome to the United States. I know it's been a busy time with all these "occupy" protests...but I would think that the news of us annexing a portion of Canada would have been even bigger than the coverage of the protests. I guess I am wrong.

Now, since Ontario, Canada is new to the US, please give the legislature of our 51st state time to enact laws and publish them. Thank you.

Wesley73

Cue the snare drum. I thought this was a legal advice forum, I didn't realize there were comedians bouncing around. This site made no requirements for citizenship to register, so I find your reaction to my query over the top, to say the least. Many of the basic operating premises of Law are similar for Canada and the United States. So I was hoping a legal expert might be able to respond. Since there have been several views of this query I am led to believe the others did not know the answer either, but at least they were polite enough to just move on without making jokes. All the other sites out there that I have found require a payment for a reply but with the same cautionary warning of may not be applicable to individual circumstances that this site has. I guess you get what you pay for.:rolleyes:

I am curious because when I had a parking ticket and the officer made mistakes on data entry the ticket was nullifed. This a higher level of law so I am curious, that is all. Does any of that apply in USA?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
This forum is for United States laws ONLY. If you live in another country don't bother asking about your local laws because that is not the purpose of this particular forum.

You were told that when you posted.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">