• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a ticket be written the next day if they find you?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

high_rollers

What is the name of your state? -OREGON, portland/gresham area.

I was speeding down a street that was posted 45, I might have been doing 60, i cut in front of my friend up ahead to turn down my street, well once i did i took off, never saw the cop, I was about 1/4 mile down to the next stop sign and my friend was just taking the turn to my street, when i see lights flashing where i turned. So i turned a dew blocks and no one followed me, but my friend called me saying hes looking for me because he was booking it after me but took a wrong turn and never saw me. He had been about 1/4 mile away me the whole time. I went home and moved my Moms car in behind mine and undid the grage light that lihgts up the driveway, Iwaited all night and no cop drove by.

My question is if he sees my tomarrow, can he write me a ticket? He never clocked my though, just that i was going faster then the other cars and that i weeved into traiffc, ...I cant sleep now cause im worried if i drive it and he sees me, he'll pull me over...but this was all at night. I drivea very noticalbe car, unmistakenable body kit...with a dual muffler rear end...and unqiue painted tailights...can he write me a ticket or do i need to be caught in the act, techinaly i was so far ahead of him i realy never saw him, so i didnt illude him right? I never saw his lights.

high_rollers

Couldnt i just say, well i did let my friend drive my car last night, idk i wasnt driving it...wouldnt it be hard for them to prove the driver?...:confused:

cepe10

What is the name of your state? -OREGON, portland/gresham area.

I was speeding down a street that was posted 45, I might have been doing 60, i cut in front of my friend up ahead to turn down my street, well once i did i took off, never saw the cop, I was about 1/4 mile down to the next stop sign and my friend was just taking the turn to my street, when i see lights flashing where i turned. So i turned a dew blocks and no one followed me, but my friend called me saying hes looking for me because he was booking it after me but took a wrong turn and never saw me. He had been about 1/4 mile away me the whole time. I went home and moved my Moms car in behind mine and undid the grage light that lihgts up the driveway, Iwaited all night and no cop drove by.

My question is if he sees my tomarrow, can he write me a ticket? He never clocked my though, just that i was going faster then the other cars and that i weeved into traiffc, ...I cant sleep now cause im worried if i drive it and he sees me, he'll pull me over...but this was all at night. I drivea very noticalbe car, unmistakenable body kit...with a dual muffler rear end...and unqiue painted tailights...can he write me a ticket or do i need to be caught in the act, techinaly i was so far ahead of him i realy never saw him, so i didnt illude him right? I never saw his lights.
The LEO most likely gave up pretty quick after losing you. Without your plates or other positive identification the case would be difficult. You better keep a low profile for a while though...

high_rollers

Thanks for the info guys, anyway if he pulled me over what should I say?

Really? one year? How would they prove who was driving it? Dont they need to pull you over and catch you in the act? I mean I went to my house and waited outside for him, i figured i was screwed so i gave up. HE never showed up, and can he right a speeding ticket the next day?

I had recieve a unfair legitiment speed racing ticket once before where because of my car and the other guy taking off it looked like it, and they woke me up at 8:00am to hand me the ticket the next day.

AHA

Wow, nothing like a little sissy speeding behind the wheel and then hiding like a little kid. It's easy to guess where those "people" end up. Enjoy!

high_rollers

geee thanks AHA. In both this and the url posted you kinda sound like a grumpy old man.

I talked to a lawyer today, he said they can write you the ticket maybe, but you can turn around and say you werent driving and they cant prove otherwise. I've got witnesses who are willing to come to the court room and say I was with them.

No on the other hand I'm not driving my car for a while, and my dad is driving it currently we switched cars for a while.

This is what another family lawyer e-mailed me back-

"He may try to intimidate you by issuing a citation, his main problem in court is he did not reasonably identify the driver at the time he observed the violation. If he attempts to cite you the next day after the fact, do not answer ANY questions, say NOTHING (as is your right). Plead not guilty, go to court, NEVER admit being in the vehicle at that time ... and move that the judge dismiss the charge for lack of evidence. You will win. "

cepe10

geee thanks AHA. In both this and the url posted you kinda sound like a grumpy old man.
More like hysterical, dim-witted, hypocritical lady - and most likely one of the worst drivers on the road;)

the other poster are corrupt cops and like to abuse their authority so their "advice" should only be taken in that context...

Like i said - you have little to worry about and the advice you got from the real lawyers and the steps you have taken should limit your exposure...

AHA

I talked to a lawyer today, he said they can write you the ticket maybe, but you can turn around and say you werent driving and they cant prove otherwise. I've got witnesses who are willing to come to the court room and say I was with them.

No on the other hand I'm not driving my car for a while, and my dad is driving it currently we switched cars for a while.

This is what another family lawyer e-mailed me back-

"He may try to intimidate you by issuing a citation, his main problem in court is he did not reasonably identify the driver at the time he observed the violation. If he attempts to cite you the next day after the fact, do not answer ANY questions, say NOTHING (as is your right). Plead not guilty, go to court, NEVER admit being in the vehicle at that time ... and move that the judge dismiss the charge for lack of evidence. You will win. "
First off, I wasn't born stupid enough to be a man.
Second, truth hurts, doesn't it?? :D

high_rollers

No daddy does not, dads fist had a talk with my face when i told him. But daddy only is driving it becuse he laughs at me when I tell him I'm scaird to drive it. Its got too much power for me and I'm not affraid to admit it.

The truth does hurt, I just dont see the point as coming across as an ass when I asked for help...
Thanks for the aditional info guys.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">