• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Canada: Can I overturn a guilty verdict I was not present for?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

popezinger

hello. I have within the past 2 years been convicted of a few counts of driving under suspension and driving without insurance without me actually being present. I got all these charges while i was having troubles with addiction. I have been sober now for over 14 months and am just coming to terms now that I'm sober with all the problems I have now with both my licence and my credit. I have recently been informed that I owe a total of 29 000 on my licence. I am curious as to whether or not I can reopen these driving cases seeing as I was not present for the guilty verdict. I am in Canada

Isis1

sorry. US law only. we do have one poster by the name of erelations that is familiar with Canada law, so you can wait around for him/her...or look for Canada based forums.

Good Luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">