• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Canadian gets a speeding ticket in maryland

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kimster

Hi Everyone,

I received a speeding ticket in Maryland in July. Even while writing the ticket the cop kept mentioning the fact that since I am from Canada I don't need to pay this since they cannot come after me. He said he needs to write the ticket since he has me speeding on the radar. He also mentioned that as long as I don't get caught again in Maryland, I am in the clear. I just got the court date details in the mail from Maryland...its in mid-sept.

Does anyone know what would happen if I did not pay the ticket and years later I get pulled over in Maryland again (I have no intention of ever getting caught speeding in Maryland again, but I am just being paranoid)? Would I get arrested? Or will I simply have to pay the ticket on the spot?

Please help!!

seniorjudge

Q: Does anyone know what would happen if I did not pay the ticket and years later I get pulled over in Maryland again (I have no intention of ever getting caught speeding in Maryland again, but I am just being paranoid)?

A: Our crystal ball is broken at the moment and is in the repair shop. But my guess is you may find that a warrant for your arrest has been issued and that you will be a guest of the state of Maryland for some time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">