• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can't find my ticket record when I called the court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jaywin

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I was issued a citation for moving violation (I crossed into solid carpool line) by highway patrol on 01/09. The thing is that i haven't receive any mail nor could i find my ticket record when I called the court (Automatic Response). Actually I could not contact any person becase of long queue. I thought there migh be a possibility that my ticket was not processed or they lost it thus perhaps I don't have to go to the court. Now I have 5 days left to appear at the court. Anybody has similar experience or any tips for this issue?

Last edited:

Jim_bo

Just go to court. Or, you should be able to call the court and get an extension. Many courts do it via automated phone menus.

CourtClerk

Just go to court. Or, you should be able to call the court and get an extension. Many courts do it via automated phone menus.
You can't call the court and get an extension on a ticket that doesn't exist in their system...

OP: On the appearance date on the bottom of the ticket, go to the traffic clerk's office and if it is still not in the system, ask them for a proof of appearance.

I_Got_Banned

You can't call the court and get an extension on a ticket that doesn't exist in their system...

OP: On the appearance date on the bottom of the ticket, go to the traffic clerk's office and if it is still not in the system, ask them for a proof of appearance.
I would also suggest that you make sure that the court as well as the DMV have your current mailing address.

CourtClerk

I would also suggest that you make sure that the court as well as the DMV have your current mailing address.
The court will not change the address unless it was reported to DMV. However, periodically checking the status of the ticket will work since once the ticket appears in the system, they can take care of it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">