• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car impounded

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

candysutton

What is the name of your state? california

my car is in impound for 30 days if i dont have the money to get it out will i be able to get my personal belongings out before the tow company sells it..:confused:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

candysutton said:
What is the name of your state? california

my car is in impound for 30 days if i dont have the money to get it out will i be able to get my personal belongings out before the tow company sells it..:confused:

My response:

No. The car, and all of it's contents, are lawfully being held - - which should also give you impetus to get it out of impound.

Copy and paste this link into your browser without the on each side: [url]http://www.chp.ca.gov/html/impound.html

When you read that site, you'll also notice the "magic phrase" in it which says - -

"You will not have access to your vehicle for 30 days."

IAAL

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">