• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Careless Driving

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

roguerrt

What is the name of your state? MS
I was stopped for speeding by pacing,but his car was off and on the otherside of the road.He had lights on before I was even besid him.I had stopped and was off the road before he was ever behind me.He wrote the ticket for careless driving.When I went to pay the fine It was 3x what law allows.Why,They claimed court cost .The next day they called and said that I was right on the fine, the fine was 2x what the law allows,still court cost.Also when I got a copy of the ticket he turned in and it was different than mine.He had the year of my vehicle and my birth date wrong on the copy he gave me, but right on theCity copy. I have 3 questions: Is there any chance of winning this in court when the officer marked the reason as excessive speed but did not put down a speed.Can court cost just be added in when it has not even been to court yet, and can they just put in whatever amount they want?Since he changed things on the ticket can I fight it on that.

HomeGuru

roguerrt said:
What is the name of your state? MS
I was stopped for speeding by pacing,but his car was off and on the otherside of the road.He had lights on before I was even besid him.I had stopped and was off the road before he was ever behind me.He wrote the ticket for careless driving.When I went to pay the fine It was 3x what law allows.Why,They claimed court cost .The next day they called and said that I was right on the fine, the fine was 2x what the law allows,still court cost.Also when I got a copy of the ticket he turned in and it was different than mine.He had the year of my vehicle and my birth date wrong on the copy he gave me, but right on theCity copy. I have 3 questions: Is there any chance of winning this in court when the officer marked the reason as excessive speed but did not put down a speed.Can court cost just be added in when it has not even been to court yet, and can they just put in whatever amount they want?Since he changed things on the ticket can I fight it on that.

**A: yes, you can fight it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">