• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Careless Driving

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smithgc52

I got caught in a speeding trap on a small road in West Patterson New Jersey. The Sherif said I was doing 42 in a 25 MPH zone. He said he would do me a favor and write me up for careless driving instead of speeding.
I've been told to see the prosecuter on trial day , strike a deal to pay a higher fee (probably $500+ ) and avoid the 2 points and motor vehical record. Is this the best way to approach this or do I have better options?What is the name of your state?

I'm not familiar with NJ but best to check with a lawyer or other make sure you understand the true difference for a conviction in either case before just paying.

AlanShore

I got caught in a speeding trap on a small road in West Patterson New Jersey. The Sherif said I was doing 42 in a 25 MPH zone. He said he would do me a favor and write me up for careless driving instead of speeding.
I've been told to see the prosecuter on trial day , strike a deal to pay a higher fee (probably $500+ ) and avoid the 2 points and motor vehical record. Is this the best way to approach this or do I have better options?What is the name of your state?
If you can make a deal to pay a few bucks more and avoid points its always the best way to go.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">