• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

careless driving ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Crop circles

Kentucky

I was driving the other day in a town two counties away from mine,
a cop followed me for almost 2 miles and then pulled me over,
he said i swerved and asked if i had been drinking tonight
i said no he said i seemed jittery and asked if i had taken any narcotics or smoked any weed? i said no
He also asked if i had anythign he should know about so i told him that i had two knives in my car.
He then had me get out and had the two other officers in his car give me a sobriety test
as im on one foot counting to 30 one thousand i see him gong back to his car with both of my knives and another cop car pull over... this entire time i have the High beam searchlight right in my face
after that they take me back to the car and tell me i cant put my hands in my pockets and stuff like that.
when they get back the officer says that he won't charge me with a weapons charge on the knives because even though it was illegal tohave them he wont charge me, however he did give me a careless driving charge with a mandatory court date
so 1) if i dont plead guilty will he be able to charge me with the weapons. ( one was legal the other was illegal because it was over 4 inches and in my center consolea and i dont have a permit) 2) was the search legal 3) What should i do as far as trial preparation

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">