• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Careless Driving

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zerotide

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nebraska

I recently received a careless driving ticket and I am not really sure why. I was speeding yes but the cop just pulled me over without getting a radar read and didn't know how fast I was going. He said that I got too close behind someone before passing them and that he was going to give me a careless driving ticket. I have heard careless driving is a catch all ticket when they can't get you for anything else. I am a college kid and I won't be able to afford my skyrocketing insurance from this and I don't have an previous offenses. Careless driving is not eligible for stop class so I was wondering if there was any chance I could get this lowered to negligent driving so I can be eligible for stop class.

The Occultist

Your chances at a plea bargain will be highly increased with the aid of a traffic attorney. Local attorneys tend to know exactly what the courts want to hear. The lawyer might be a bit pricey, but that will be nothing compared to the insurance hit you're trying to avoid. Many attorneys will offer a free/cheap consultation, so take advantage and sit down with a couple to see what they can offer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">