• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Careless Driving Citation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

raven42

In the state of Colorado. I was driving south bound during rush hour in the evening. The traffic was stop and go and the roads were icy, as it had snowed earlier that morning. While driving the vehicle in front of me stopped abruptly and I his her. All damage was inflicted on my suv and there was not any damage to her suv, none what so ever. Although the accident was my fault she did not think that it was necessary to call the police, I did however and I called just to file a police report. The Agent arrived assessed the situation, wrote that there was no visible damage on her vehicle and that there was damage to mine. After he preceded to write me a citation for careless driving. I don't believe that it was write that I was issued this and I would like to know if there is anyway to fight it in the easiest and least time consuming fashion. If not fight it though, what could be done to receive the least possible fine? Also, when he wrote the ticket he dictated that I was the registered owner of the vehicle, where this is untrue. Would this make to citation become invalid, if not what sort of errors would cause a ticket to become invalid?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
So, you were driving so closely that you could not stop in time to avoid a collision with the vehicle in front of you, right? That seems a bit...careless. I'm not sure why you think it's not right.

The error you mentioned won't get you out of the ticket.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">