• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Careless Driving Civilian Complaint

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Proudmom1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CO, EL Paso County

My son received a summons that a civilian had complained that he was driving carelessly. That is what the complaint states for description of complaint. No mention of what he did to cause the person to call his license in. They did not ask my son his side of it. There is a court date and 4 points on the summons in the fine section.

He had an accident last year and went to driver's class after that. He has not had any problems since then but our insurance did go up and he negotiated for less points with ADA. Will his former problem cause him an issue with this vague complaint?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CO, EL Paso County

My son received a summons that a civilian had complained that he was driving carelessly. That is what the complaint states for description of complaint. No mention of what he did to cause the person to call his license in. They did not ask my son his side of it. There is a court date and 4 points on the summons in the fine section.

He had an accident last year and went to driver's class after that. He has not had any problems since then but our insurance did go up and he negotiated for less points with ADA. Will his former problem cause him an issue with this vague complaint?
How old is your son?

Silverplum

A "civilian" complained...about a military member?

Still valid, even though a lowly civilian called it in. The military members must learn to live in a society like the rest of us.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">