• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Careless Driving in NJ

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GTA350FNC

I recently was involved in an accident in New Jersey, my car skidded out sideways in the left lane due to black ice, and I was hit by the car traveling behind me on the passenger side. 5 min after the collision the NJ state police arrive, take all my info and proceed to issue me a careless driving ticket. I feel that I dont deserve this ticket because the officer that issued the ticket didnt observe the accident. I feel that I was profiled because of the the car I was driving, a Firebird, and that I was from new york. Also the ticket doesnt state that I have to appear court, but when I look it up on the NJ web cite, it says I have to appear on 4-7-05 and the date on the ticket says 4-8-05 from the date on the web for appearance in court. Can this ticket be thrown out because the officer did not personally witness the accident, i know that sometimes the police have to issue tickets at an accident to establish fault, but this accident was nobodys fault. Any advice on this ticket would be greatly appreciated, thanks :)

racer72

Nothing in your post suggests the officer did anything illegal that could result in the ticket being dismissed. I would suggest you talk to a local attorney for more info.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">