• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Careless Driving and Speeding

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ivynor

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

I received two tickets on Tuesday. One was for speeding, going "44" in a 30 zone and the other for careless driving. The careless driving was for not coming to a complete stop for leaving my work complex. Now, leaving the complex there is no stop sign and no close traffic in either direction so I made my left turn and drove about a quarter mile to grab lunch. This all took place on one road. I parked and walked about 6 feet from my car when the cop told me to take a seat. I got back into my car and asked him what's going on, he claimed I was speeding. I told him I didn't believe I was speeding, can I see how fast you clocked me. He told me no. How am I to believe the guy if he will not let me see what he gunned me at? Is it not my right to see that? He kept mentioning that I must have been in a rush as if to assure himself that I was speeding. As far as the careless driving goes, if there is no stop sign and no close traffic how am I being careless? This lunch could potentially cost me $183.15 and 4 points on my license. Please advise.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">