• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Careless driving ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PammiTay

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado
My husband is a truck driver who hauls cattle and was recently in a single vehicle accident. He was coming around a slight curve when he felt his trailer sway and the next thing he knew the entire truck and trailer were laying on its side. My husband wasnt injured badly and was able to walk away from what could have been a very serious accident. He recieved a careless driving ticket for the accident. Speed was not the cause of the accident neither were weather or road conditons. No on truly knows what caused the accident. The only thing we can think of is that while rounding the curve the load of cattle he as hauling shifted and all cattle does causing the 1 or more of the trailer tires to lose contact with the road which would cause a lay over of the entire rig. My question is "How is will my husband lose his CDL for this careless driving ticket?" The sheriff that came to our house 2 days later and issued the ticket told him to call the DA and see if they would be willing to reduce the careless driving to something other.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">