• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Careless and Reckless in NC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KenKramer

What is the name of your state? NC

I got pulled over by a State Trooper on Saturday Sept 29th at 915 AM. The weather was clear, light traffic.

The trooper who pulled me over was awesome. The type of guy you would actually invite over to watch the game with type. However he issued me a reckless driving ticket, mandatory court appearance.

The ticket says, without due caution and circumspection to endanger persons or property. But under speed it says A 70.

I talked to a law firm here and they said that A stands for approximate. So if I was going approximately 70 that could be 68 correct?

I am 28 and have not had any speeding tikets since 2002. I signal all my turns, lane changes. I do not swerve, bob and weave in traffic nor do I cut people off.

A guy that works with my wife, is 20 and has been to court 4 times in 18 months for reckless driving and speeding. They havent touched his licence or made him serve any time in jail.

So what I am asking, what are my chances of getting a lowered speed due to plea bargain, or an outright prayer for judgement. I can honestly say, the state of NC will never see my butt in court again or see my name come up for any traffic related incidents.

The Occultist

Nowhere in your post did you state that you were given a ticket for speeding. Your ticket was for reckless driving. You can be going under the limit and still be guilty of reckless driving, n'est-ce pas?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">