• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

caught driving into a construction barricade but didn't get a ticket?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smutlydog

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I thought there was a cleaning crew ahead so I made a bad decision and stayed on the freeway going 20 mph. My intention was to get off to more exists ahead. A police officer pulled me over and was angry with me but decided not to give me a ticket.

Will this go on record somewhere or will the police open a file? Is it possible that my insurance company could catch wind of this incident?

LeeHarveyBlotto

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I thought there was a cleaning crew ahead so I made a bad decision and stayed on the freeway going 20 mph. My intention was to get off to more exists ahead. A police officer pulled me over and was angry with me but decided not to give me a ticket.

Will this go on record somewhere or will the police open a file? Is it possible that my insurance company could catch wind of this incident?
You're unlikely to make someone's "top 10 scofflaws" list. Feel fortunate that you were given a break and don't do something so stupid and potentially dangerous again.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Yes, the file is open and you will followed everywhere you go for the next 6 months by secret agents of the police to make sure you don't do it again. If you do something bad again you're going to jail for quite a while. :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">