• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Caught driving in PA with a suspended license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Fates114

What is the law if you are caught driving in PA with a suspended license? My license is suspended from a past DUI and is due to be returned in Jan. The cop gave me $1300 in citations. Will I definatly lose my license for longer? What about fighting it? Will I be notified if I lose my license for longer or is there a possibility of not losing it?

S

seniorjudge

Fates114 said:
What is the law if you are caught driving in PA with a suspended license? My license is suspended from a past DUI and is due to be returned in Jan. The cop gave me $1300 in citations. Will I definatly lose my license for longer? What about fighting it? Will I be notified if I lose my license for longer or is there a possibility of not losing it?
Post the statute number you were charged under.

Fates114

seniorjudge said:
Post the statute number you were charged under.

2012 I believe.. Thats what it says in the spot that reads "Subpoena list"

If thats not it, where can I find it?

S

seniorjudge

Fates114 said:
2012 I believe.. Thats what it says in the spot that reads "Subpoena list"

If thats not it, where can I find it?
That's not it; it's on the charging papers. I don't know what you've got so you will have to tell me.

Fates114

seniorjudge said:
That's not it; it's on the charging papers. I don't know what you've got so you will have to tell me.

Oh wait.... Statute, VC, Sec. 1543 sub sect. b.
Is that right??

S

seniorjudge

Q: What are the chances of fighting it?

A: 100% chances of fighting it if you hire a lawyer; 50-50 chance of winning with a lawyer.

Pa Suspended license

Section 1543 a states that if you are caught driving under a dui-related suspended license, it is an additional 1 year suspension AND 90 days in the county hooscow. Better bring your toothbrush.

Bravo8

They recently changed the law, and driving under a DUI suspended license is 60 days mandatory jail and a mandatory fine of $500. Second and subsequent offenses increase the penalties.

Any conviction for driving with a suspended DL (DUI related or not) will cause your driver's license to remain suspended for an additional 12 months.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">