• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Caught by red light camera, but....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

diggum317

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
My wife (driving my car of course) was in the left turn lane out of 4 lanes at the intersection (1 left, 1 right, 2 thru). Looking at the video, the left turn signal had just turned red as she, following the car in front of her, began to enter the intersection... but then all lights turned green almost immediately after that; she was in crosswalk when they turned green.

Enough to fight it? I guess technically she ran a red for 1/2 a second but it was green as she travelled through the intersection.

proud_parent

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
My wife (driving my car of course) was in the left turn lane out of 4 lanes at the intersection (1 left, 1 right, 2 thru). Looking at the video, the left turn signal had just turned red as she, following the car in front of her, began to enter the intersection... but then all lights turned green almost immediately after that; she was in crosswalk when they turned green.
Bummer, that.

316.075(1)(c)
Steady red indication.—
1. Vehicular traffic facing a steady red signal shall stop before entering the crosswalk on the near side of the intersection or, if none, then before entering the intersection and shall remain standing until a green indication is shown

Jim_bo

Who got the ticket? If you got the ticket (your car) but she was driving, then you are obviously not guilty.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Who got the ticket? If you got the ticket (your car) but she was driving, then you are obviously not guilty.
The OP will be required to name the driver as a part of his Affidavit of Non-Responsibility.

Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Cali any more...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">