Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    snyper2k2 Guest

Cell phone ticket chicago

I live in chicago il.

I got stopped for using a cell phone while driving. The cop gave me a ticket. On the back of the ticket it gives me 3 options. The first is pay 75 and pelad guilty. Second pay 110 and goto school. I thought it was only 50$ for that offence. And is this the right paperwork, I mean ticket I should receive? Is it going in my record? Please respond asap. Thanks a bunch guys.

PS. And he took my license. Am I getting it back If I choose to goto court?
    Last edited by snyper2k2; 09-15-2005 at 08:17 AM.
    HomeGuru is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by snyper2k2
    I live in chicago il.

I got stopped for using a cell phone while driving. The cop gave me a ticket. On the back of the ticket it gives me 3 options. The first is pay 75 and pelad guilty. Second pay 110 and goto school. I thought it was only 50$ for that offence. And is this the right paperwork, I mean ticket I should receive? Is it going in my record? Please respond asap. Thanks a bunch guys.

**A: he should have also given you a ticket for poor spelling.
    snyper2k2 Guest
    Any good advice? Anyone?
    Any good advice? Anyone?

**A: when you give us the complete facts and tell us the entire story, we'll decide which advice to give to you.
    snyper2k2 Guest

sorry

I got stopped for using my cell phone. In chicago, the ticket is 50$. On the ticket the officer gave me, it says pay $75. It says this on the back of the ticket. The officer told me to pay the $75 and that it wouldnt affect my insurance. My question is, will it affect my insurance? I ask this becasue on the back of the ticket paper, it says "plead guilty and pay $75" it also says that it will go on my record. My other question is, Am I supposed to pay $75 and get back $25? Thanks
    I got stopped for using my cell phone. In chicago, the ticket is 50$. On the ticket the officer gave me, it says pay $75. It says this on the back of the ticket. The officer told me to pay the $75 and that it wouldnt affect my insurance. My question is, will it affect my insurance? I ask this becasue on the back of the ticket paper, it says "plead guilty and pay $75" it also says that it will go on my record. My other question is, Am I supposed to pay $75 and get back $25? Thanks

**A: that's not the complete story. What are you not paying attention and getting it? Do you actually want our help or not? Or do you just want to post back and forth and waste time just for fun? What about your license getting taken away? What's up with that? And how many other violations do you have on your record because that certainly was not the first?
    Pugilist is offline Member
    I don't have the answer to the OP's question, but I want to ask HomeGuru to be a little more constructive in his posts.

Pug
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugilist
    I don't have the answer to the OP's question, but I want to ask HomeGuru to be a little more constructive in his posts.

Pug

**A: you can ask anything you want.
    BelizeBreeze is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugilist

Pug
    Then YOU answer the damn question. IF you know the recent changes pushed through the State Legislature and why the difference in cost and why the Chicago Police have a new public policy which requires them to pull over anyone violating the (new) law....

Geeez, here they come again. WHO THE HELL turned over the rock.
    Pugilist is offline Member
    BB -

Thanks for the "damn," the "hell," the "geeez," and the "finger."

I can overlook the profanity, but it's disappointing to see YOU being un-constructive, not answering the OP's question, particularly since in your post you gave the impression that you're familiar with the "recent changes" and "new public policy."

Pug
    Last edited by Pugilist; 09-15-2005 at 02:25 PM.
    this thread has gone to the dogs.
    snyper2k2 Guest
    I have only 1 previous offense. It is for speeding but I went to traffic school for that. The license? I said he took it and I dont know why, do you?
    I have only 1 previous offense. It is for speeding but I went to traffic school for that. The license? I said he took it and I dont know why, do you?

**A: maybe the photo of you is a nice one.
    ljt99 is offline Member
    I live in chicago il.

I'm sorry but you have been mislead into thinking this is a website that offers advice to traffic violations. In reality, it is a site that "senior members" use to "get their jollies" by insulting and humiliating those unsuspecting posters who make the mistake of coming here. There are a few members who will offer help but the chance of running into one of them is slim. You are better off calling your clerk of courts with your questions, using the reference materials at your public library, or looking for a different website to research your options. Good luck.
    BelizeBreeze is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ljt99
    I'm sorry but you have been mislead into thinking this is a website that offers advice to traffic violations. In reality, it is a site that "senior members" use to "get their jollies" by insulting and humiliating those unsuspecting posters who make the mistake of coming here. There are a few members who will offer help but the chance of running into one of them is slim. You are better off calling your clerk of courts with your questions, using the reference materials at your public library, or looking for a different website to research your options. Good luck.
    And I'll post the same question to you. Do you have any specific knowledge of the Illinois statute recently passed making the use of cell phones while operating a motor vehicle a moving violation?

Because the rest of your post is worthless.