• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cell phone Ticket NYC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cloudz7

What is the name of your state? NYC

Hello everyone, I am just wondering I got a ticket today for driving while talking on a cell phone. I was just wondering how can I contest this ticket in court. By the way I will have to go to the court at Fordham Rd. in the Bronx. I was also wondering if I plead guilty and pay the fine, will it raise my insurance.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Perhaps the OP should call and ask about contesting it - make sure to do it from your cell phone while on the road!

You Are Guilty

Gee, and here I thought that "search" button up there at the top of the screen was purely decorative. Go figure!

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=354176&highlight=cell+phone+ticket+nyc

:rolleyes:

No points. I just went to court to fight the cellphone ticket and lost!

I also learned that if I did not testify, I would have won.

So, if you really want to fight the ticket, dont testify and have a way to prove that the officer does not remember the story.

In my case, the officer testified ave J when I was on Ave S. The ticket showed an S.

If you were talking to a hospital or other emergency, there is a requirement for you to tell the officer on the spot. The judge will find you guilty otherwise. (unless you bring supporting documents)

Also, maybe the officer saw you on the cellphone while you were on a red light, which means that the car was not in motion.

Long story short, its just 90 dolalrs and I would not take a day off from work for this (I happen to be off on Fridays).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">