• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Change direction on green arrow light after u turn fails

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ewang1205

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I tried u turn first on a green arrow light at an intersection. The road was too narrow and my 4 runner is too big, so I realized that I could not u turn successfully without back up. Then I just change direction and turn left. The officer gave me a ticket stating FAILED TO DRIVE IN A SINGLE LANE.

I think it is fairly comon a large car may not be able to u turn. So the choice for me is either back up and u turn again or change direction to turn left. I chose change direction to turn left. Can I win this ticket? Thanks for your advice.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Last edited:

Hey There

ewang1205

What is the number and full description of the vehicle code violation you were cited for?

Best Regards,
Hey There

Last edited:

Hey There

ewang1205

The Code Section should have 6 digits with an explanation .
Example:
§ 545.152. VEHICLE TURNING LEFT. To turn left at an
intersection or into an alley or private road or driveway, an
operator shall yield the right-of-way to a vehicle that is
approaching from the opposite direction and that is in the
intersection or in such proximity to the intersection as to be an
immediate hazard.

I have been unable to find a section number to read a full description on FAILED TO DRIVE IN A SINGLE LANE.

A traffic ticket must have the vehicle code # the driver is cited for violation of in order for the driver to prepare a defense or at least understand what he has been cited for.
Google:Texas Transportation Code title 7
Google: Speeding Ticket FAQ and
Scroll to :Will errors on the ticket result in the charges being dropped?
Checking a traffic ticket line by line --the statue you were cited for violation of should be written in by the officer .

Best Regards,
Hey There

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">