• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

changing license from MA to DE

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

beaufort011

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA

I am moving to DE this spring and will need to change the license from MA to DE.

1. Will my MA points get transferred to DE license or do I start from zero?

2. I am currently disputing a ticket in MA. If I change my license from MA to DE before the court date what implications does that have? Specifically, if I am found guilty for this disputed MA speeding ticket I will have my license suspended for one month in MA and would need to take driver's retraining course. What will happen if I already have my DE license at the time of court date? Would my DE license get suspended and where would I need to take a driver's retraining course?

Thank you, beaufort

FlyingRon

Generally you get a free pass on points when you get a new license.
Unless the pending charge is a DUI or something similarly severe, you'll probably slide on that as well.

beaufort011

thanks for the reply; again pending court case is about my third speeding ticket in a year for which i would get my license suspended in MA. will this roll over to DE license?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">