• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

checking radar

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

eaglekev

What is the name of your state? Texas
I recently received a speeding ticket for allegedly going 63 in a 30 mph zone. After signing the citation I asked the officer if I could see his radar gun and he wouldn't allow me to because he said that he already erased it. I have heard that in the state of Texas you are allowed by law to check the radar to actually see if he "gunned" you going that fast. I have had friends do this and the officer has always allowed the individual to check the radar. Is this correct or is this just a rumor? Thanks.

racer72

For the 1,736th time, the police officer does not have to show the person pulled over the radar gun. The officer can show the gun if the stop is in a safe area but legally the radar gun does not have to be shown.

D

dimmie

i have several questions. first, does this apply everywhere, including where i was stopped, Lavergne, TN? what if you knew you weren't going the speed the officer claims? when i asked him if his radar showed that i was driving 56 in a 40 zone, he refused to say whether it did or not. instead he argued "how fast do you think you were going?" i told him i wasn't sure but definitely not even 50 miles an hour. he then said "well you were going 56 miles per hour because I SAY you were going 56 miles per hour". this doesn't sit right with me. is the time and speed saved on these radar/laser guns the officers use? what can i do, now?

racer72

Dimmie, please start your own post. It is confusing to answer different questions in the same post.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">