• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child restrain seat

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

buddyforall

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

just recd a citation in richland hills, TX that my 3 year old daughter was not properly seated in a child restraining seat

fact of the case is that my daughter was in child safety seat, the seat was properly belted onto bottom with the car shoulder loop seat and than the child inside the seat was properly belted with both portions of belt clicked inside but still the officer wrote me a ticket. Off course I am going to contest this but can someone give me some suggestions on how to mount my defence, also while leaving cop told me that because he also a daughter and he hates to see child younger than this daughter in this UNSAFE sitting, does this statement not show his biased approach in professional discharge of his duty and than his open admission in a traffic stop that he has a daughter will carry any significance in court

any input pls will be appreciated

Last edited:

cyjeff

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

just recd a citation in richland hills, TX that my 3 year old daughter was not properly seated in a child restraining seat

fact of the case is that my daughter was in child safety seat, the seat was properly belted onto bottom with the car shoulder loop seat and than the child inside the seat was properly belted with both portions of belt clicked inside but still the officer wrote me a ticket. Off course I am going to contest this but can someone give me some suggestions on how to mount my defence, also while leaving cop told me that because he also a daughter and he hates to see child younger than this daughter in this UNSAFE sitting, does this statement not show his biased approach in professional discharge of his duty and than his open admission in a traffic stop that he has a daughter will carry any significance in court

any input pls will be appreciated
What part of the car seat wasn't properly attached according to the officer?

buddyforall

child restrain seat

the child restrain seat was properly attached to the Car seat with the lap and shoulder belt of the car itself, officer did not even see that, he had problem with the restraining seat belt inside the child restrain seat, he said that that seat belt of the child seat is not secured properly though I showed him that the belt was buckled in and child could not get out of it but still he said that in case of a wreck my child will be splased on the windshield and as a father of a daughter himself who is older than my child he could not allow that, I did not wanted to have any arguments with the officer and rather save it for later on my day in the court

any input on building a defence will be appreciated

cyjeff

First, you keep going back to the officer saying he has a daughter. That IS allowed, you know. Most police officers have families, some have children.

Most got into law enforcement to protect them.

Second, you still haven't told me if your child was buckled in properly. You said he/she couldn't get out. Not the same.

Was the child secured according to the manufacture's instruction?

buddyforall

child restrain seat

I am sorry if I did not make myself clear in earlier message

1) First the child was in proper seat belt inside the restrain seat as per manufacturer instructions, when I say child could not get out it means that seat belt was properly secured around child torso and shoulders and the child was properly secured without causing any suffocation or incomfort. I told you about restrain seat itself in my earlier message that it was secured to the car seat by the shoulder seat so now I hope both points are clear

2) second with him saying about his daughter and age I meant was that he was biased and kept on insisting that he cannot see a child splased against a windsheild in a wreck and besides being a police officer since he himself is a father so he cannot allow that, does that not show unprofessional conduct on job and not to mention his tone in saying those words were not polite, He was not explaining or educating he was simply passing a judgement without giving me sufficient chance to show him the proper seat belt restraint on child

these were my concerns, I hope I have myself more clear now, pls let me know further

thanks for your time

Last edited:

cyjeff

Then I would fight it.

Go to the NHTSA site, find your carrier and make sure you were doing the buckling correctly.

A cop normally wouldn't just make a blanket judgment. If you find his tone or demeanor less than expected, file a complaint with his superior.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">