• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child restraints

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jackiesias

What is the name of your state? MA
I'm wondering about the different child restraint laws in each state. I live in MA and they have one set of rules for who should be in a booster seat. I am often driving in RI, however, and the have much stricter rules. Am I held to the laws of the state my car is registered (MA), or do the laws of states I'm passing through effect me? Please help, my son is anxious to stop using his booster seat.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

jackiesias said:
What is the name of your state? MA
I'm wondering about the different child restraint laws in each state. I live in MA and they have one set of rules for who should be in a booster seat. I am often driving in RI, however, and the have much stricter rules. Am I held to the laws of the state my car is registered (MA), or do the laws of states I'm passing through effect me? Please help, my son is anxious to stop using his booster seat.

=====================================

My response:

Whenever you drive into another State, you are agreeing to follow and obey all of that State's laws. Being from out of State is not an excuse or a defense.

If you have to buy different safety equipment for each State that you travel to, then that's your burden.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">