• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CHP came to my house and accused!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

phreak9i6

What is the name of your state? California

this evening CHP came to my residence and asked if I had been driving my car this morning on HWY99. I said yes but unsure of the exact time. He then told me that another "Vehicle Theft CHP Unit" saw me going 85mph in a 55mph zone.

He presented me with a list of my past infractions and cautioned me to slow down on the road.

I'm not saying I did or didn't go the speed or not. I'm confused as to why they would come to my house (After 8:30pm no less) and accuse me, then leave.

This afternoon I paid off 2 outstanding tickets to prevent my license from being suspended.

Is it possible they came out with the intention of arresting me for an FTA/Ticket I didn't pay for until today or something to be more concerned with?

CdwJava

phreak9i6 said:
Is it possible they came out with the intention of arresting me for an FTA/Ticket I didn't pay for until today or something to be more concerned with?
Anything is possible. But nothing takes away from the fact that they gave you a break, so heed the warning and slow down before you kill someone.

- Carl

Or, speed up, but aim for a walnut tree :D

Now, I'm not saying you "should", or "shouldn't" try to remove yourself in this manner as a nuisance to the road, I'm just saying the rest of us would appreciate fewer idiots on the road.

sukharev

Dougthegreat said:
Or, speed up, but aim for a walnut tree :D
Naah, walnut tree itself is not hard enough, he will just destroy a beautiful tree. I suggest nearest concrete wall, that will do it (well, maybe after a few shots at it).

S

shell007

CdwJava said:
Anything is possible. But nothing takes away from the fact that they gave you a break, so heed the warning and slow down before you kill someone.

- Carl

I read this wrong and thought the OP said CPS not CHP! I kept reading the post waiting for the OP to say that she had her child on her lap while driving.

I need to get NEW glasses!!:p :D :p :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">