• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CHP citation for 21655.5(3) CVC in California

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

commuter

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
California

1. Got pulled over for driving in commuter lane in SF/Bay Bridge car pool lane.
Insurance company told me that this violation is NOT counted as a point or will not raise your insurance rate. Only speeding, running red lights, collisions etc will count against your driving record and raise rates.

2. Filed a SR-1 report (financial responsibility on reporting) with DMV on another situation (No citation) and insurance company said this will not raise insurance rate even though it shows collision on driving record because nothing on claim was paid out and claim has been closed.

Now I have read just the opposite of the above information even in California. Which is true?:confused:
I'm going to go with what insurance company has told me.:eek:

On the car pool violation I'm unable to find what the penalty fee is. If you show up in court to make plead and request traffic school does the judge have the authority to send you to traffic school even if it has been one year since one has attended traffic school since here you are only permitted to attend traffic school once every 18 months?

What are the chances of having judge admonish citation and if not that have penalty fee reduced and made payable on some type of monthly plan?

Last edited:

I_Got_Banned

1. Got pulled over for driving in commuter lane in SF/Bay Bridge car pool lane.
Insurance company told me that this violation is NOT counted as a point or will not raise your insurance rate. Only speeding, running red lights, collisions etc will count against your driving record and raise rates.
https://forum.freeadvice.com/parking-tickets-non-moving-violations-44/car-pool-violation-not-moving-violation-498472.html

On the car pool violation I'm unable to find what the penalty fee is.
You're looking at an approximate fine of $592.

If you show up in court to make plead and request traffic school does the judge have the authority to send you to traffic school even if it has been one year since one has attended traffic school since here you are only permitted to attend traffic school once every 18 months?
Since a carpool violation carries zero violation points, it is NOT eligible for traffic school.

What are the chances of having judge admonish citation and if not that have penalty fee reduced and made payable on some type of monthly plan?
Admonish the ticket as in "dismiss" it? Possible, but unless you have some sort of valid defense, it is highly unlikely!

Reduce the fine? Possible... Only the judge can answer that for you.

Payment plan? Some courts do in fact offer that, however, keep in mind that if you choose to defer payment or make several until it is paid, the court may charge you an additional $30 on top of the fine amount ordered by the judge!

commuter

https://forum.freeadvice.com/parking-tickets-non-moving-violations-44/car-pool-violation-not-moving-violation-498472.html

You're looking at an approximate fine of $592.

Since a carpool violation carries zero violation points, it is NOT eligible for traffic school.

Admonish the ticket as in "dismiss" it? Possible, but unless you have some sort of valid defense, it is highly unlikely!

Reduce the fine? Possible... Only the judge can answer that for you.

Payment plan? Some courts do in fact offer that, however, keep in mind that if you choose to defer payment or make several until it is paid, the court may charge you an additional $30 on top of the fine amount ordered by the judge!
It does state on citation that this offense is not correctable via traffic school but I was figuring the judge has the final say and authority to grant this but since it isn't counted against your driving record like a a moving violation makes sense.
$562!:eek:Are you sure? How did you find that figure? I remember seeing signs for $271 but if those signs are still up it is very MISLEADING:mad:
Might have to use the old Visa/Mastercard then otherwise payments would be ok if judge will grant it. This type of offense seems to be that you can either get it dropped if not you will end up paying the fine and the best that can come out of it is a reduction in fine unless for some reason officer doesn't show up and then all charges are dismissed.:D

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
$562!:eek:Are you sure? How did you find that figure? I remember seeing signs for $271 but if those signs are still up it is very MISLEADING:mad:
That's the BASE fine. Like everything else in California, the price on the tag is not what you end up paying at the register!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">