• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cigarette out window - CA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Maria25

What is the name of your state? California

I received a ticket in Santa Barbara County for throwing a lit cigarette butt out my vehicle window. I live 3 hours away, i was there just for the day. The officer marked it as a misdemeanor, and said i must attend court in Santa Barbara County.

Is there a way i can have my court date moved to my home area? What can i expect? I have no criminal history, not even any traffic tickets before. Maybe the judge will just dimiss it?

Thank you in advance!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Maria25 said:
What is the name of your state? California

I received a ticket in Santa Barbara County for throwing a lit cigarette butt out my vehicle window. I live 3 hours away, i was there just for the day. The officer marked it as a misdemeanor, and said i must attend court in Santa Barbara County.

Is there a way i can have my court date moved to my home area?

MY RESPONSE: No. SB has jurisdiction over you and the violation you committed - - not some other jurisdiction.

What can i expect?

MY RESPONSE: A huge fine and community service. If you can't do either, then it's jail time. Bring a check book.

I have no criminal history, not even any traffic tickets before. Maybe the judge will just dimiss it?

MY RESPONSE: Yes. And the Moon is made of Swiss Cheese.

IAAL

Shay-Pari'e

No it cannot be changed, and I highly doubt it will be dismissed.

You as a smoker know not to throw butts out in a area like that. Didn't your mother teach you how fires are started?

You are lucky you did not start one, as you would be
facing a felony.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">