• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Citation Boxes Unchecked

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

XAPbKOB

St. Petersburg FL Pinellas County.

I have a Citation for speeding. According to officer statement it is 51 in 35 speed limit and I overheard him say that he was pacing, not an actuall standing radar, which is less accurate. I'm sure I was going 40, and even slower when I saw him pull up behind, still 5mph speeding, but that is aside the point. The officer failed to indicate unlawful speed 'Blank' MPH and speed applicable 'Blank' MPH and did not check the OFFENSE box []unlawful speed. He did however wrote down section referance 316.183 which is unlawful speeding and in OTHER VIOLATIONS OR COMMENTS PERTAINING TO OFFENSE: he wrote: Laser Radar ?50 or "SO (cant tell) Pasadene (which is the street I got pulled over on) #1 and a fine $241.00 which is awfly high even for speeds 15-19 mph and even for 20-29 over limit or "Moving violation". Makes no sense where he pulled that number from!? at first I thought it said 141.00 Pay Civil Penalty referance has no such number.

Officer Notes: "Laser Radar 50 Pansadene #1 $241.00"

I'm going to take this one to court regardless, and fight the ticket, but I just wanted to find out if I can use whatever stated above in my case, or this will actually will do me no good?

Thank you for all your help,

Serge.

JETX

I'm going to take this one to court regardless, and fight the ticket, but I just wanted to find out if I can use whatever stated above in my case, or this will actually will do me no good?
Of course you can use the ticket errors... and the court will decide whether it/they are sufficient to dismiss the citation. HOWEVER, based on your post, I would suggest you take cash to pay the fine.

XAPbKOB

so the officer has god given right to put whatever fine amount on here he wants?

Should I get an attorney? and where the good once in FL?

Last edited:

JETX

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">