• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Citation court date attended but not on calendar , received notice of failure to appe

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lonehorse

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
I was cited for changing lane to go straight while at a stop light on a left turn only lane.
No insurance, registration and driving on suspended license.

I went to court on the date indicated on my citation, but the traffict division and the DA office has no record on file (the back of the citation was date stamped by both representative) then I received a notice of failure to appear on a different date from what was written on my citation, and a $1,700 demand for bail.

I now have proof of insurane and registration for the same vehicle.
the citation for straight on left turn only - I strongly dissagree because I didnt go straigh whie I was in the left turn only lane - I had my right turn signal on, chaged lane before proceeding straight.

The driving on suspended is another issue.

I need advice and information on rules of the court regarding failure to timely file the prosecutors claim.

I just have to ask this; I read something about traffic law and the citation fines for damaging the State - how did the STate got injured?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I just have to ask this; I read something about traffic law and the citation fines for damaging the State - how did the STate got injured?
I'll let others respond to the rest. But on THIS I will say - HOGWASH. :rolleyes:

I_Got_Banned

I need advice and information on rules of the court regarding failure to timely file the prosecutors claim.
Not exactly sure what you mean... But if you're asking about how long they have to file the citation in court, they have one year from the date you were pulled over and cited.

What was it that you read?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">