• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cited for Impeding/Blocking Traffic in CA (VC 22400)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MagniQ

Hi there!

I was cited for stopping on a two-lane road at a BART station in Daly City, while waiting for my wife who was about to come out. A BART police officer issued a citation to me for two violations. These are VC 22400 and VC 16028. I am not worried with the second violation because my car is insured. I just couldn't find the proof of insurance at the time I was stopped. For the second violation, I felt the officer was unfair because when he arrived I saw him passed by three cars which stopped on the same lane. When he left and came back (he just circled the road), he saw me slowing down or momentarily stopped as I waited for my wife to come out of the station. I also don't think I violated VC 22400 because there was a light traffic at that time. How then could I impede/block traffic when there was little traffic to speak of?

I am wondering if it is worth fighting this traffic ticket or not? If I fight this, what's my chance of winning? If I fight and lose, can I opt for a traffic school?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">