• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

clean driving record, not stopping at red light

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

j davis

What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state?NC
I have to go to court tomorrow for not stopping at a redlight. Can I ask for a PMJ and what exactly is that. If I can not do that what are my options. Honestly, I did not run the light as I remember sitting at the light seeing the cop and thinking "are all my registrations & tags current" the light turned green and I proceeded to make a left turn. During the turn the cop turned the light on and issued a ticket. What should I do tomorrow in court as I do not have a lawyer.
also if the cop is not there can you have the case dismissed?

j davis said:
the light turned green and I proceeded to make a left turn. During the turn the cop turned the light on and issued a ticket. What should I do tomorrow in court as I do not have a lawyer.
also if the cop is not there can you have the case dismissed?
Gotta presume the cop, from his angle of view or reasoning, got the idea the light was red. If you can figure that out from the configuration of the lights and their timing, and this illustrates the fellow came to the wrong conclusion, the cop may buy it and alter his judgement about light color....or maybe the judge will, if the cop ain't there. Sometimes turn arrows are after a red, sometimes before, sometime's during. Sometimes no arrow at all. There has to be a cause for the guy to think a ticket was due, and you should at least understand his point of view on the matter and the timing of the light in question.

j davis

please explain a "PBJ"

please explain a praye for justice and how do i request it? also, if the cop isn't present will the case be dismissed...what are my options

You Are Guilty

j davis said:
please explain a praye for justice and how do i request it? also, if the cop isn't present will the case be dismissed...what are my options
If the officer fails to show, the odds are 50-50 the court will either adjourn the case or dismiss it. (I'd argue to dismiss it if I were you).

And a "PBJ" is a peanut butter & jelly sandwich, and you can get them at just about any local deli, or, if in a money pinch, go to the supermarket and get the raw materials to make it yourself and you'll save in the long run. These are good to eat while you're waiting for the officer to arrive at the courthouse.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">