• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Clearing my record in another state...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Inph

What is the name of your state? Tennesse

In May of 2002, I was pulled over three blocks from my apartment, and was driving because my room mate had been drinking alcohol that night. It was discovered by myself and the knox county officers who pulled me over that my drivers license had been suspended in Ohio (where i'm from), and I was immediately arrested, then released the next morning. I november of 2002 I moved to michigan, where i'm currently living with my wife and son, working a pretty decent job.

Fast forward to 2006, and my fines in Ohio are paid off completely, and my suspension is lifed in Ohio. Upon applying for a Michigan drivers license, I was denied because of the traffic Violation in Knoxville, TN. I contacted the clerk of court and was told that I could not just pay whatever fine there was, but instead I had to appear in court before a judge. As you can imagine, I Live in michigan, and It would be almost impossible for me to get to knoxville during the regular work week. Is appearing in court my only option to getting this resolved?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">