• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Clerical error sending the wrong ticket to court.. State of Florida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

knowack

I have two traffic tickets in the state of Florida Hillsborough County in which the Clerk of Court made a clerical error. One ticket(Improper Lane Change) was meant to be paid and the other (Driving on a suspended license without knowledge) was meant to go to court via a court date that was set on an affidavit of defense so I would not have to appear.

However, the clerk made a mistake and sent the lane change to court and paid my driving on suspended license ticket making it a guilty plea. This has lead to a notice that I have received stating that my license will be revoked July 16 for a total of 5 years due to Habitual Traffic Offender. I have gone to the Clerk of Court and explained and showed all the documentation to them.

With no luck, they continue to state there's nothing they can do since the other ticket has already gone to court. They advised to file a motion to send the suspended license ticket back to court... I don't feel I should have to do this as it was not my error nor do I know how to file a motion.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated? Thank you.)?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Sounds like it's time to hire an attorney.
...who will file a motion to "send the suspended license ticket back to court". The OP can dig his heels in all he wants, but it's not going to help to stomp his feet and tell the court that THEY have to fix it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">