• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Clocked by one, ticket by another

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GElite

Ok, I'm driving in baton rouge, la this morning about 10:00 and right after I pulled onto I-55 off airline and there is a cop standing about 30 feet behind his car on the left hand medion. As I get closer to him he jumps in the middle of the highway and starts waiving at me to pull over so I did. He comes up too the car and I hand him my licence and then stated that I was driving 75 in a 60 and then he asked for my licence. I then informed him that he was holding it in his hand. He then rights me a speeding ticket. I began to question how he could tell how fast I was going because he did not have a radar to check speed and he was to far from his car to use the dash mounted radar and I figured that he was not intelliget enough to do it any other way. If he's stupid enough to ask for id that he is holding andstupid enough to jump in front of a speeding 3/4 ton suv then he is probably a rookie. At any rate I got off I55 a circled around to see how he clocked me and that's when I saw another cop sitting just before the exit ramp that I entered on so apparently one cop was clocking cars and the rookie if pulling them over. The rookie that signed the ticket stating that he clocked me speeding but he in fact did not, the other cop supposidly clocked me to my question, is it not purgery to swear to have witnesses a crime that u did not? Signing a ticket is the same as signing a warrant. He can't honestly testify that he clocked me @ 75 mph if did not. If I plea innocent the rookie can not testify without purgering himself so should I plead innocent? Thanks the help everyone.

HomeGuru

Ok, I'm driving in baton rouge, la this morning about 10:00 and right after I pulled onto I-55 off airline and there is a cop standing about 30 feet behind his car on the left hand medion. As I get closer to him he jumps in the middle of the highway and starts waiving at me to pull over so I did. He comes up too the car and I hand him my licence and then stated that I was driving 75 in a 60 and then he asked for my licence. I then informed him that he was holding it in his hand. He then rights me a speeding ticket. I began to question how he could tell how fast I was going because he did not have a radar to check speed and he was to far from his car to use the dash mounted radar and I figured that he was not intelliget enough to do it any other way. If he's stupid enough to ask for id that he is holding andstupid enough to jump in front of a speeding 3/4 ton suv then he is probably a rookie. At any rate I got off I55 a circled around to see how he clocked me and that's when I saw another cop sitting just before the exit ramp that I entered on so apparently one cop was clocking cars and the rookie if pulling them over. The rookie that signed the ticket stating that he clocked me speeding but he in fact did not, the other cop supposidly clocked me to my question, is it not purgery to swear to have witnesses a crime that u did not? Signing a ticket is the same as signing a warrant. He can't honestly testify that he clocked me @ 75 mph if did not. If I plea innocent the rookie can not testify without purgering himself so should I plead innocent? Thanks the help everyone.
**A: how fast were you going and for what distance?

GElite

I was just getting on to the freeway from the entrance ramp. The rookie was 3 maby 4 hundred yards (a good driver and a pitching wedge) from the ramp. There was no speed limit posted but the gps said that the speed limit was 70. I may have just been getting to 70 when he jumped out in front of me. I may have been going 70 for 100 yards before I avoid hitting what I thought was some crazy person waiving his arms like someone was after him.

I_Got_Banned

If the "rookie" has received any Radar training then it is highly likely that he also received training to visually estimate a vehicle's speed. So by him signing the citation that he witnessed you going 75mph, then he isn't perjuring himself in any way.

Typically, when there are 2 officers involved, a witnessing officer and a citing officer, both would have to testify as to which role each of them performed. When that happens though, there are 2 names on the citation. In this case, and assuming that a "visual estimation" is sufficient to satisfy the legal requirement in court, that would suggest that the citing officer was also the witnessing officer and only he would have to appear.

And by the way, its, "median", "license", "intelligent", "perjury" & "supposedly"... You should run a quick spell check before going off calling others "stupid"...

I_Got_Banned

It's an iPhone bro, it spells the way to spell.
Its a sad, sad day when the i-Phone has become "the reference" for how to spell simple words.

See if you had a Blackberry, we wouldn't be discussing this... But with an i-Phone... eh....

GElite

What's the point in being an ass? I would say that your definatly an attorny except for the fact that you don't simple law. I think you been watching too many episodes of "Chips". According to every cop I have talked too says that a visual check of speed can not be used in court. Yes, they can give an estimation of speed but must be confirmed by electronic means. Stick with what you know, tv cop shows apparently.

cyjeff

What's the point in being an ass? I would say that your definatly an attorny except for the fact that you don't simple law. I think you been watching too many episodes of "Chips". According to every cop I have talked too says that a visual check of speed can not be used in court. Yes, they can give an estimation of speed but must be confirmed by electronic means. Stick with what you know, tv cop shows apparently.
Because you cannot spell.

Now then...

You are saying that one cop clocked you and the other wrote the ticket.

Happens all the time.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
It's called an independent speed estimation and yes, it alone is sufficient to get a speeding conviction in a court of law.

Maybe you would get more respect if you didn't come across as some punk kid who can't spell, is overly dependent on a phone and who apparently has no respect for the law or those who enforce it.

GElite

I think your missing the point. That would be like me swearing out a warrant on you for assaulting me when you actually assaulted my friend and I did not even see it happen. It clearly states on the ticket that the undersigned, being sworn upon his oath , deposed and says that on 10/07/09 at 10:27am commited the following offence: speeding 75 in a 60 but he did not sign the ticket because he didn't witness me speeding and he knew it was purjury. He was not visually checking speed, he was flagging cars over for the guy that was. The speed limit in that area up untill recently was 70 mph. All gps and paper maps show the speed limit as 70. It's 70 on the entire stretch of road except for one half mile section that was just changed. There was no speed limit posted on the entrance ramp so I was following what I knew to be the seed limit untill otherwise posted. It's a straight up speed trap. There is no construction going on there so why drop the limit to 60 for a half mile. I could care less about the $127 ticket and I am a resident of another state that does not reciprecate as far as insurance points are concerned. It's the principle. When the people that are supposed to be on the side of honest people purposly set you up just so they can gain a little extra revenue that tends to piss people off and your right, I don't have any respect for a government that sets there own people up so they can right tickets. It looked like an assembly line for giving out tickets. As far as my ability to spell correctly, your right I can't spell for s*** but I never claimed to be briliant but you know what, my dumb ass could buy you 3 times over.

GElite

And that too is part of the problem my friend. He who pays the most gets the least punishment. You have a judge right now in Mobile, AL under an 83 count inditment for trading sex with inmates for time served. He only got caught because he had a screwed up vice. If his vice was money or sex with woman then it would have been buisness as usuall. I have personally given money to an attorny to give to a judge so things would go our way. The only way the legal system will ever be unbiosed would be to let computers do the judging and that would eliminate corruption. When the town Mayor says to the chief, "We need to get up some more revenue, tell your boys to right more tickets". What do you think is going to happen, there going to come up with a way to do just that. My wife's best friend is married to a police officer and he gets paid a commission based on how muchrevenue he creates for the city. They don't call it a commission but that's what it is. Our legal system is just totally corrupt.

I_Got_Banned

And that too is part of the problem my friend. He who pays the most gets the least punishment. You have a judge right now in Mobile, AL under an 83 count inditment for trading sex with inmates for time served. He only got caught because he had a screwed up vice. If his vice was money or sex with woman then it would have been buisness as usuall. I have personally given money to an attorny to give to a judge so things would go our way. The only way the legal system will ever be unbiosed would be to let computers do the judging and that would eliminate corruption. When the town Mayor says to the chief, "We need to get up some more revenue, tell your boys to right more tickets". What do you think is going to happen, there going to come up with a way to do just that. My wife's best friend is married to a police officer and he gets paid a commission based on how muchrevenue he creates for the city. They don't call it a commission but that's what it is. Our legal system is just totally corrupt.
Its: indictment, business, usual, attorney, unbiased, write and they're (or "they are")...

And if the legal system is as corrupt as you think it is, and if you're so rich, why don't you hire an attorney, give him some cash to slip to the judge and have it go your way? Why are you here asking for advice on what to do???

GElite

Just for the record I did speel buisness write and I never said I was rich but apparently all you do is sit at your pc and correct people's typos and I imagine that does not pay were well. Clearly you have never used an iPhone. It auto completes most words but for instance if you type me it changes it to mr if you don't catch it and it's a pain in the ass to go back and fix typos especially when your driving which I do all day every day but I have you to do that for me for free. As far as coming here asking for advice, that's my mistake. I didn't realize that this was a site for prosecutors and failed D.A.s to tell defendents how dumb they are and how you should not fight the system that convicts innocent people while judges are getting there rocks off with inmates and cops are pregnant wives. I will to anyone willing to listen to inform them the legal advise here is given by diskruntold formmer d.a. That assume everyone is guilty.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">