• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Clocked Speeding One Place, Pulled over Another.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DierD

I live in Utah.

I was driving down a hill going 31 with a speed limit of 25. I passed two stop signs, and than an officer pulled me over, and claimed to have clocked me going 41 at the top of the hill, when he was sitting at at a church between the top stop signs. Also the location written on the ticket is not the location of the hill nor where he was just a location further up the road.

I feel that he had to way to clock me at the top of the hill. Do you think I can fight it?

He wrote I was going 41 in a 25, but the ticket is for five over.

Yes, you were cut a break. If you show up at court to fight it, I doubt the judge will have any sympathy for you, since the officer indicated you were going faster, but cited you for less. A 5MPH citation may not even be counted as a moving violation on your record, but you'd want to double-check this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">