• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Clueless Girl, Court On Monday, Neeeeds Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HEYitsJAMIE

What is the name of your state? Arkansas

okay so, my dad used to be a little rock officer, but i don't want to ask him about this. he doesn't need to know i got another ticket. (only one on the record recieved last summer for 86 in a 70, which i still think was bogus.)

okay this may be a little long...please bear with me.

i was on my way to cheerleading camp with our college cheer squad. we had to take like 5 vehicles to camp instead of a bus so i volunteered to drive. (the girl that was going to ride with me was to be picked up about an hour away so it was only me in the car) basically it was time for us all to leave, i had to go pick up some vital items from my house that i forgot (like 2 minutes away) and was told i would just have to catch up to them. so i was driving down the road that goes right by campus at like 7:30 am. the speed limits 30 and i cautiously went by the school at the speed limit. then there is a long straightaway to the stoplight where i started to speed up. there isn't anything there except some back fences to a neighborhood and some private driveways that go to the back of the houses. 2 officers were sitting on their motorcylces in someone's driveway,behind some bushes out of sight, when one of the officers walks out in the middle of the road in front of me and tells me to pull over kind of in the ditch. he asked for the stuff and since my wallet was in the backseat, i took off my seatbelt, reached back there and got it. when he came back, he gave me a ticket for 51 in a 30 (conveniently over 20mph) AND NO SEAT BELT! i never drive without my seatbelt, i don't even start the car until my seatbelt is on, even in a parking lot. i told him i had my seatbelt on when he pulled me over and that i wasn't going that fast and he said "if you have any questions call this number" (pointed to the back of the ticket) and walked off. there is no way i would drive that much over the speed limit, even if i'm really in a hurry. i'm not that careless (or reckless? haha) and i would have had to friggin downshift and lay on the gas to be going that fast in that short time. so, i sat there and cried for a couple of minutes because i got screwed over AGAIN, and then left after i semi-regained my composure.

i plead not guility and got my court date which is monday. i really can't have this on my record, ESPECIALLY if it's reckless driving. i don't even know how they punish that here! i can't go to jail or have my license suspended...my family lives in virginia! is there ANYTHING i can do?

God bless you for your help,
jamie

Like, you were in a hurry, and like, you were doing 21 miles an hour over the limit, and like.... what advise do you want?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">