• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Colorado Speeding Officer Traveling Opposite Direction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sallys452001

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado Officer was coming towards me in opposite direction. Speed limit was 45 I was doing 41. He went past me and speed limit changed to 30. He said he had done a reverse scan and hit me all within 300 ft and we were traveling away from each other. I had slowed down when I got to the 30 mph sign. I believe he was using the speed when I was in the 45 mph zone not the speed I was doing behind him when I got to the 30 mph sign.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Thank you for sharing your story. When you have a legal question, be sure to let us know.

FlyingRon

To answer the questions not asked:

1. Electronic speed devices used by the police work in either direction. Many also work fine when the officer is moving while making the observation.
2. The speed limit is in effect at the point of the sign. You're expected to slow down BEFORE reaching the sign if coming form a higher speed limit area.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">