• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Colorado ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jiffy94

This took place in Colorado.

Hi, I have a question about a ticket that was givin to me about a year ago on my motorcycle. I was riding along in the left lane of a three lane road coming up to a red light with two cars stopped in the middle and right lanes. The light turned green before i got to it and accelerated back up to the pace i was at before i started slowing down for the traffic light. I see a police officer at the next traffic light(if i had to guess how far, maybe 1000' or so). I see him and proceed to slow down well before i get to him as his light(southbound) is still red for him. When i pass through the intersection he makes a U-Turn from the middle lane and pulls me over into the next parking lot. Luckily I had everything i needed to be legal and i though everything would be ok. Until he came back to me saying my motorcycle endorsement wasnt valid, and that i should feel lucky that thats all he is going to ticket me for. I say fine, but what could i have been doing that i deserve another ticket for. He then explains to me that he could be writing me a wreckless driving ticket, I am stumped and calmly ask: "For What?" He says i could see you picking up the front end of your motorcycle. So i ask "I was doing a wheelie then?" He then snaps back at me and states NO. I could just see you picking up the front end. I get frustrated and ask again what it is that i should feel so lucky for? If i wasnt doing a wheelie and i had my endorsement like i legally had then what is it that i am being ticketed for? He starts to get angry and writes me both tickets and proceeds to verbally punish me. WHEW! the background stuff out of the way. OK this is where it might get tricky. I got the ticket in june of 06', moved to the state or AZ in July of 06' for school. That being my first ticket that i had ever recieved i had no clue what to do. I ended up missing my court date and getting a bench warrent for the lack of presence in court. I ended up finally making it back to Colorado within the last month to finally try and clear my record(i got pulled over in AZ and was ticketed for a couple things, one of them being a suspended license after the cop went csi on me and called colorado and had them run my license). I get the ticket reduced(colorado)0 to a driving too fast for conditions as long as i complete a defensive driving class. NOW, to my questions. I was reading the original ticket issued by the officer and was reading the "witnesses" statements(which of course i had no clue there were any). The place they "witnessed" the crime(s) take place happened to be their place of work....(if i had to guesstimate again, i would say a good 600 ish feet or more? from the road i was traveling on) One of them stated "It looked like he was trying to do a wheelie" and the other stated " It lokked like he was doing over 100mph". I would have no problem just taking the classes and getting it reduced, but i dont think the ticket is just. I have gone to the business location and looked at the road i was traveling on. Unless i was directly in front of them there would have been NO way to see me. Unless the public has been trained on looking through buildings with no windows now.

I understand that i did take a long time to finally come back and attempt to clean up my record, but i still dont feel the ticket was just. I am having mixed feelings just letting this one go. On one hand i feel as, yea i am pretty lucky, but on the other it just makes me angry that i was ticketed for something i wasnt doing.

I am very sorry this is so LONG....ANY and ALL opinions are welcome and are greatly appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">