• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Which comes first, demur or change of venue - California

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Pugilist

What is the name of your state?
California ticket (received in the mail thus no "live" opportunity to ask the officer to set it at the county seat)
I want to demur (to a defect in the ticket) and also ask for change of venue. I understand that both of them have to be done at arraignment. But which do I do first?

P.

Last edited:

Hey There

Places to check to find answers to your question.

11-11-07

Pugilist,
Go to Google
Type in --Demurring to photo radar--
The first website is an excerpt from a book on fighting a ticket in Ca. Because the printing is of poor quality the better way to read up on this subject is to check out this book from the library and read Chapter10, pages 22 &23. The book is published by NOLO

Go to the next website:

Home - Fighting Red Light Camera Tickets - 10:51pmPhoto radar is here! Despite a ban by our lawmakers - two recent attempts to permit the ...... For details about demurring, see Brown's Fight Your Ticket, ...
www.highwayrobbery.net/ - 147k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this
And the next website:

Camera Towns - Illegal Red Light Cameras in California - 10:33pmMany RedFlex towns send out "Snitch Tickets," which you can ignore. ..... Fight Your Ticket (see "Photo-Radar" and "Demurring" in its index), and ...
www.highwayrobbery.net/redlightcamscameras.htm

It would be useful to know IF you recived a photo-radar ticket and what VC you were cited for as photo-radar tickets can only be issued for certain violations which may not be what you were cited for. Photo-Radar can be used for stop light and stop sign violations , illegal turns, but not for speeding violations according to the book with information on traffic tickets published by NOLO.

Go to Help!I Got A Ticket! on Google. This site has concise information on fighting a ticket and will answer questions relating to your traffic ticket through an email address given on the website.

It would also be helpful to know what defect you found in the ticket.

Regards,
Hey There

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">