• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Community Service!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rsandoval

What is the name of your state?COLORADO
got a speeding ticket for going 50mph over the seed limit, i was doing 80mph on a 35zone. I went to court yesterday and drop the point from 12 to 6 but I have to pay $500 on fee, driving clases and 200 hours on community service before october 4th.
I have a friend that has a nonporfit organization company but he's not on the list that they have at the court house, Can i do my hours with him?

Happy Trails

rsandoval said:
anybody? please help!!!!
He is not on the list. So how do you think it will be recognized as community service?

Check with the court house, no one here can give you an appropriate answer. Maybe he can be added to the list....

Caravaglia

Preface by saying that I know nothing about your state.

From what I understand, after they give you your sentence you meet with a person to determine which community service is best for you, your schedule, and your offense. I seriously doubt they are going to let you do community service for your friend's not for profit.

If I was the judge you would have been doing community service in the hospital.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">