• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Connecticut 63mph in 35mph

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zooyawk

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?Connecticut. 14.219(C)(2)

I was caught doing 63 Mph in a 35 mph zone my confusion is that i was issued a Misdemeanor Summons to a Appear not a Ticket i have 2 previous tickets 1 speeding and one not speeding related. what are the possible outcomes of this. should i get a lawyer? if the officer does not appear in court will the ticket be dropped?

FlyingRon

It's possible that the charge will be dropped without the officer, but usually they are pretty good at appearing. Further, it is not outside the realm of possibility that the case will be continued if the officer can't make it.

Reckless speeding is a serious charge and jail is a possibility. I'd recommend a lawyer.

Maestro64

I would not hang your hat on that... you better plan for the worse like a license suspension since you have other violations....

The DIY route is not a good idea in cases like this... you might want to consult a lawyer.

Last edited:

zooyawk

working on getting in contact with the lawyer. the officer explained to me that because i was on a secondary road in excess of 60mph i was getting a court summons.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">